Hi! I'm Josh.
Career shifts often begin with two questions:
1) What's possible? and 2) what do I have to offer?
As I look across the last 10 years of my career, I notice these skills and gifts popping up in each position and industry I've been a part of:
- Powerfully listening to every voice at the table
- Purposefully cultivating the best in people
- Communicating thoughtfully in all situations
- Reinventing clunky processes with imagination and an entrepreneurial eye
- Creating approachable and meaningful spaces for people to experience themselves and others
Early in 2018, a question popped into my head, in one of those unexpected lightbulb moments. The question was:
Is Human Resources the industry that weaves together my skills, abilities, and passions?
That's what I've set out to discover.
#MyJourneyToHR is a project of sorts. It's an inside look as I deepen my HR knowledge, reflect on topics in the industry, and ask HR practitioners about their experiences.
The end goal isn't quite clear (that's part of the journey, eh?), but my vision is leading me to:
- Where? A tech company with an entrepreneurial culture
- What? I'm finding myself incredibly interested in coaching, learning & development, career development, employee experience, and onboarding.