Hi! I'm Josh.
Career shifts often begin with two questions:
1) What's possible? and 2) what do I have to offer?
As I look across the last 10 years of my career, I notice these skills and gifts popping up in each position and industry I've been a part of:
- Powerfully listening to every voice at the table
- Purposefully cultivating the best in people
- Communicating thoughtfully in all situations
- Reinventing clunky processes with imagination and an entrepreneurial eye
- Creating approachable and meaningful spaces for people to experience themselves and others
Early in 2018, a question popped into my head, in one of those unexpected lightbulb moments. The question was:
Is Human Resources the industry that weaves together my skills, abilities, and passions? That's what I'm setting out to discover.
#MyJourneyToHR is a project of sorts. It's an inside look as I deepen my HR knowledge, reflect on topics in the industry, and ask HR practitioners about their experiences. All of this to help determine what I can bring to an HR role in an organization.
The end goal isn't quite clear (that's part of the journey, eh?), but my vision is leading me to:
- Where? A tech company with an entrepreneurial culture
- What? I'm finding myself incredibly interested in employee experience, onboarding, coaching, learning & development, and career development.